Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hated Words

Ok, sorry it has been forever since I have written anything. my life has been crazy busy lately running between two jobs and moving into a house. so, I ask your forgiveness!

Alright, as many of you know I am a part time Youth Pastor now. It has already had its ups and downs, moments of frustration and excitement. Well, this week we are at Mission Fuge in Mobile, AL and the worship has been absolutely GREAT for me! something I have needed for a while.

The down side is this, I have discovered words that set me off faster than anything. Words that make me more angry than a lot of things. Twice this week we have been in Church group time and I'll be trying to get them quiet to listen to something I have to say and one of my kids will say, "hey guys quiet down and listen so we can get this over with!" I respond in a way I probably shouldnt, with sarcasm/anger, my response has been "YEAH guys, shut up and listen so we can get out of here because you are just going to forget what I have to say anyways because you dont want to be here!"

I am trying and trying my hardest to get these guys to understand what it is all about and it comes up void everytime it seems like. I understand that I havent been here long and I understand that they are young but something just feels wrong here. Most of them just openly sin like it doesnt mean anything at all and I just dont understand that. I brought them here to camp hoping that something might sink in and they just sit in worship and bible study staring at a wall barely listening.

Ok, God is good!! to you guys this will seem weird but the last paragraph was going to be the last one. I stepped away because a couple of my kids wanted to talk, they are thinking and praying seriously about going to Canada for the entire summer next year to do mission work. maybe the Lord is doing something here. I just needed to vent. sorry this blog is so random, haha. The Lord is Good! Psalm 67, Let ALL the peoples Praise HIM!!

No comments: